What is it about Fairy Princesses that little girls love so much? Many I have met want to be one (and maybe they are…), perhaps to have that feeling of magic, beauty, wonder, and magnificence. At a Fairy party, the birthday girl can become an honorary fairy or fairy princess, and agrees that she believes in magic and fairies, and to bring love and joy to the world… What are some ways your little fairy can do that throughout the year to keep the magic alive?
Here are some ideas for your wee one, passed on by the fairies themselves:
– Look for fairies in the trees and flowers, or anywhere there is nature. Remember it can be hard to see them, so feel their presence if so. There are lots of fairies around!
– Make offerings to the fairies in the garden or patio area where there are some plants. Fairies love little notes, anything sparkly, and they adore chocolate. (And maybe mom would like a piece while you’re at it…)
– Have a Joy Day, where you do something kind that would make someone else happy. Spread the Joy!
– Put on your favourite song and dance!
– Learn a song to sing and perform in the garden under some fairy lights to your mom and dad and all your stuffies.
– Make a fairy lantern out of a milk carton: cut out shapes on the sides, and glue coloured tissue paper all over it, with sparkles and decorations on top. Put a tea light inside and add a piece of wire to hang up on a tree branch.
– Make a fairy ring in the garden or patio with some stones that you decorate with paint and glitter. Invite the fairies to come for tea. Put out tiny fairy cakes and flowers.
There are lots of ideas – feel free to share yours! Send a note or add to facebook (In the Company of Fairies).
With love and starlight,
Fairy Queen of Flowers